Most people don’t give much thought to calling Winnipeg window companies until the windows and doors of their Winnipeg home are showing signs that it’s time for a replacement. If you have decided to embark on a window or door replacement project, then we’ve got some important tips you can trust from the Winnipeg window and door replacement experts at AWD Specialists.
Warning Signs That Your Doors and Windows Need Replacement
When starting on a home renovation, how do you know if your windows and doors should be replaced or if they’re fine left alone for now? Even if you don’t have a renovation planned, sometimes windows and doors have simply seen too much wear and tear.
Here are some warning signs that it’s time for a new window or door installation in your Winnipeg home:
- There are visible signs of damage and deterioration.
- Your windows or doors are difficult to open and close.
- You can feel drafts around your windows or doors.
- Your energy bills have been rising and you’ve ruled out other causes.
- Noise from outside seems to have an easy time getting inside.
- You can no longer find replacement parts because they have been discontinued.
- Your windows or doors take away from your home’s curbside appeal.
- Your windows do a bad job at keeping out UV rays, which contributes to fading carpet and furniture treatments.
- Your windows and doors are becoming more difficult to clean with each passing season.
Before Replacement, Consider Your Options
If you’re thinking or replacement for your Winnipeg home’s windows, doors, or both, then you should know that you don’t have to stick to the same old windows and doors you’ve always had. Now is the perfect time to consider new window and door types, colours, styles, and functionality.
Take the time to think about what you liked about your old windows and doors and what you didn’t. Consider whether energy-efficiency is important for you, as that could affect the type of windows and doors you choose next.
Do you have a picture window where you’d rather have a vertical or horizontal slider, or perhaps an awning window where a casement window would be better suited? Now is the time to make the change. Patio doors, entry doors, and garden doors can be even further customized to your personal tastes and needs.
Replacement Windows and Doors in Winnipeg
AWD Specialists is a Winnipeg window and door replacement and installation company that has been helping homeowners create their dream homes since 2001. Our focus on windows and doors allows us to supply the best possible products and workmanship to our clients.
All you have to do to get started is contact AWD Specialists and book an estimate for a day and time that works for you.